Corona Virus Impact from the Board: Not yet determined
THE BOARD DISCUSSED A NUMBER OF ISSUES IMPACTING RNYC AND SOUTH HAVEN RELATED TO THE CURRENT CORONA VIRUS-19 PANDEMIC
- Fish Station, Electric and Water Opening: Temporarily April 15, 2020 subject to Governmental ruling
- Bath House Opening: TBD – will follow ruling by the Governor/City – tentative May 1, 2020
- Signs will be posted on the bath house and fish cleaning station identifying closure due to COVID-19 requirement
- South Haven Dock Master has advised that the plan is to have the Draw Bridge mechanics taken out of harm’s way of the high water situation – if this cannot be completed the bridge will remain in the up position for boat traffic
- The public launch ramps will be in place by April 15
- All of the South Haven public restrooms are currently closed.
- Gas docks are not open except for emergencies only – following City guidance on gas and pump out facilities – owners responsibility
- Local marinas: All Seasons, First Choice and JB Landing are closed as being determined a non-essential business and are subject to the order of the governor and cannot currently launch boats
- Fueling at your dock is illegal
- DNR has placed a restriction on marine services offered in the state which we must adhere to as published and/or notified – this includes charters
- Clarification of RNYC: We are not a marina – we are classified as Dockiminiums and are all individually owned and operated. With the recent corona virus and high water situation it is important to understand this and not follow what may be required for marinas in the state
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE WORKING HARD TO REMAIN CURRENT WITH THE RESPECT TO ALL STATED AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS, AS WELL AS THEIR GUIDANCE. PLEASE KNOW THAT ALL LAUNCHING AND SERVICES HAVE BEEN POSTPONED BY THE MARINE SERVICES IN SOUTH HAVEN.
WE ARE ACTIVELY ASSESSING THE COVID-19 SITUATION AND WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE ALL NECESSARY ACTIONS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR MEMBERS. PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR UPDATES AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING THESE UNPRECEDENTED TIMES.